Friday 31 January 2014

That Awkward Moment: Embarrassing Dates at College

Ever been on that date where its all gone horribly wrong? Well some of our own students have told me about their humiliating hook ups below, anonymously of course!

Some these dates will make you cringe and some are so sweet you want to cry, but all of them are totally and utterly mortifying!

Anonymous:  I was asked out on a date by a guy who’d I’d been pretty flirty with for a while and really dressed up for the occasion. I was getting the train all the way from Chelmsford to Colchester and had paid the hefty train ticket so I was ready to have a good time. But when I arrived he had stood me up, to sleep with his ex-girlfriend!  So instead I went into Prezzo’s where we would have gone for a romantic meal and spent the voucher on my own.

Anonymous: I was going to my date’s house in the summer and I was wearing a cute summer top and white shorts. I was having a great time sitting in his garden eating strawberries with him and his family. Then when, his family went into the kitchen to get lunch ready I looked down and to my horror I saw a dark red stain at my crotch! I had come on my period in my white shorts! But by the time the parents got back we were both covered in red as my date had decided to have a strawberry fight to hide the stain for me. I borrowed a pair of his sister’s shorts and they never found out. It may have been a disastrous date, but it was saved by a brilliant plan!

kitchen to get lunch ready I looked down and to my horror I saw a dark red stain at my crotch! I had come on my period in my white shorts! But by the time the parents got back we were both covered in red as my date had decided to have a strawberry fight to hide the stain for me. I borrowed a pair of his sister’s shorts and they never found out. It may have been a disastrous date, but it was saved by a brilliant plan!

Anonymous: I was on my first ever date and we went on the classic trip to the cinema. It was all going well until when we got up to leave and my date tripped over, falling down about three stairs to land on his backside! I was so embarrassed. It got even worse when he went to kiss me when we left and I misunderstood and ended up shaking his hand. Needless to say we didn’t go on a second date.
After reading about all these shameful and sticky situations  I’m sure even some readers will have other embarrassing experiences to compare them to. The Independent released statistics about the most common date malfunctions on their blog recently. Have a look below to see if you’ve had the bad luck of any of these happening to you. 

 1. Got food stuck in teeth – 17%
2. Bumped into an ex -15%
3. Spilled a drink on date – 14%
4. Said something inappropriate/ offensive – 12%
5. Was stood up – 9%
6. Called date by the wrong name – 8%
7. Walked out of the toilet with flies down/dress tucked into underwear- 7%
8. Wardrobe malfunction – 4%
9. Saw parents whilst on the date- 3%
10. Fell asleep whilst on the date – 2%.

I can only hope that you may have better luck!